Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MEPS

Where does MEPCOM hire their Doctors? I want to see the Career Builder ad for that. Since being here I have seen some ridiculous stuff come out of the medical section. Granted some of the stuff could have been prevented had the Recruiter, Station Commander, someone had asked the right questions. But then again, you cannot help what someone is going to say. Sometimes I wonder if these applicants are applying for disability, or are they trying to join the military. Sometimes MEPS reminds me of a three ring circus act. I mean, you could put that shit on the road and sell tickets to it, and make some good money. Stupid stuff like the Doctor saying someone has a hernia, applicant goes out to civilian doctor they say, no hernia, MEPS Dr. comes back and says nope something still there. I remember one time the flavor of the month was warts on peoples asses. Come on not everyone at one time has warts on their ass. One time there was this dude who had one ball hanging a little lower than the other, that one drew a consult. I remember a little acne on someones face was the flavor one time. One time a female told the doc that one boob hurt a little more than the other one during her cycle bam dq'd. She has never been to a civilian doctor about it, so now what. Some of the stuff they dq is like wtf. I had one kid had his head down on a table one time and doc was walking by and said bam dq'd for headaches. Sometimes when I take these kids to a civilian doctor or when the consult is done, these other doctors are shaking their head and asking why are you here. You tell them and you see the look in their eyes. That look of "ok then if you say so" It's all funny to me at times.


What I like too is when you get that call of hey your applicant is sitting here telling us about a law violation they claim they had. Oh those calls right there are the real fun ones. What gets me is the fact that all the questions they are answering, all the people they talk to. They decide on the day of processing, they want to tell someone about that speeding ticket, or they suddenly fucking remember the assault charge or a weapons charge on school grounds. I want to yell at the applicant when they do shit like that. Here is what I cannot understand. I have broken my ankle when I was younger, I can tell you the doctors name, what the hospital was, the town, etc. As for law violations I can tell everywhere they have happened and what they are. Those are signigicant emotional events in some cases, you remember that shit. Example: I had a to visit the emergency room when I was around 9 years old. To this day, I repeat to this very fucking day, I can tell you where I went to the hospital, who the doctor was and everything. And these applicants some of them cutting above a 50 on the asvab cannot remember what happened in their lives just a few years ago. Again I am pulling the bullshit card on that one too. I do everytime. But that is the way the world works...

No comments:

Post a Comment