Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here we are at a point as to where what do you do, almost like the fork in the road metaphor. One way will be easy the other one hard. So what should you do. At the moment I am sitting here strapped up and ready to go either way. I remember playing chess as a young kid. "If I do this, he is going to do that, then this one etc. Sometimes you are thinking two, three, maybe even 5 moves ahead. This is what has me torn at the moment. What to do. There are at least 4 of the Army Values that cover this subject with me, and believe me I am weighing them all. I can easily bring in the other Values, but 4 are the ones that weigh the most. I have received information that set me back in my chair the other day, it really did. Now what to do. The moral compass is spinning out of control at the moment. Do something, let it lay, in that cycle it goes and goes. Don't worry this is not stressing me out to a point of pulling my hair out. What worries me is the fact that if the one thing is done do I get ran though like the Ho Chi Min Trail. Would definitely be blackballed that one is for sure. But in the end no matter what...Will the right choice be made. This is a true moral dilemma.

1 comment:

  1. Fellow Station Commander here. I can definitely sympathize with you in a lot of ways. We as 79R's to often find ourselves at that cross roads and to many times those before us have taken that easy road. It ultimately boils down to what is going to be best for you and your soldiers. Don't worry about getting blacklisted. What are they going to do? Bend your dog tags and send you to USAREC? Keep your head up. Things will get better eventually. The toxic leadership may still be alive but they are slowly dying out.
    A word of advice from a recent experience. Taking that hard road is usually more fulfilling then letting things slide, but that is a decision that we ultimately must make ourselves. And if it gets to bad hit me up via email through my blog and I can try to get you in touch with someone with ears and a voice that we as Station Commanders do not neccesarily have. Till then keep on pushing through the bullshit

    ReplyDelete