Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh well I cannot figure out how to edit my damn posts. I am not that computer literate. At least when it comes to the internet. But anyhow I see that someone in a very important place is following this blog. I wonder if that is going to bring down the house? But I am glad that is being done. I wish people actually knew the amount of work that goes into someone getting in the Army. I also wish these applicant were not looked at as just "numbers" Also we could make this mission if all these recruiters and the rest of the command just shut down at 1800. I don't know where this belief comes from that recruiters has to work on Saturdays and late into the night.

I remember being out here the first go round and working until 1030-1100 at night, and then having to be in the next damn day at 0800. And it was the same type of workday on Saturday. I also remember having to be at the Company HQ at 0600 on some mornings (if you were a quality zero roller by the second week of the month) And station commanders and the 1SG would go through your tools. I don't care what anyone says if the Navy, Airforce, Marines are making mission and they are getting off early everyday then why don't the Army? Someone needs to answer that one for me. Wait...Don't sit there in your highchair and tell me it all falls on the station commander, I will call bullshit on that one. Let me start letting my guys off at 1800-1900 everyday, and see what the fuck happens. If these soldiers knew for a cold hard fact that they were supposed to be out of the station at 1800-1900 every day. You know what would start happening? Some of those soldiers would start staying late, for that one apt. Or to catch up on something. But when they know they are going to be there from 0830 till 2100. Then the quality of work you are going to get out of them is going to be shit.

"but Station Commander it is your fault they are working until 2100...No it's not it is called a 1sG running a company like a damn station, and not letting his subornates do what is working in their market. This is going on through out the command I am sure of it. I do know this when I am out enjoying myself with my family, out at the park with my kid, I tend to find people to join. But then again I am really outgoing and will naturally talk to anyone.

I am tired of hearing that everything going wrong in the command is the Station Commander's fault. When is the leadership above us going to take some damn ownership? They know what they are putting out in emails, they know how they are acting on conference calls, they know what they are putting out. But yet it all comes down the the station commander. How so. Funny how things shift, when I was out here the first time it was always the Recruiters fault, when I make 1sg I guess it will still be my fault. Maybe I am not cut out to do this business. I can do it and do it well I just hate everyday of it.

Something else too. Since all this "time off Bullcrap" my wife keeps a log of when I leave the house and when I return home. Now it takes me on average of 30 minutes to get to and from work. Most days I leave around 0800 and return around 2130-2145. Is this my fault. Or is it the fault of my leadership saying that no one can depart the station until he verbally closes out with us. So sometimes he will not even call. But on the nights I say fuck it and leave the jackhole calls, and rides my sack about why did I leave the station without his permission, damn dude it's late I would like to have some well rested recruiters for the next day.

When you have people out here that say this is just a grind day in and day out something is wrong. It should not be this way. These guys are told in the school house that this is a fun duty. Apparantly you can take your wife shopping and family out to all these neat places as long as you are prospecting. They need to quit selling that pipe dream right now. What they need to do is tell them about all the late nights they are going to be working, all the early morning runs they are going to be making. Well for example there is not a week that goes by that I don't have to get up at 0300 in the morning and be at meps, that and some damn dumb ass meeting. Sometimes there are several days like that in a row. Now let me get in a wreck on the way to meps, I would be willing to bet that my command would turn a blind eye to the fact that they know there are recruiters and station commanders up that early in the morning running people to meps. I mean how do you think those applicants got there? They were beamed to the meps. No someone had to get up early in the morning, usually after being worked until 2100 the night prior. I wonder if I sent my BN Cdr a risk assesment would they approve it? Most likely I would get the third degree for doing the right thing.

I know I have let this little journal of mine go over the past few days but I promise to start putting more on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment