Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doing good things

So today on the road again. But it was for a good reason. Had this kid that needed an interview. It was approved so he should be in really soon. This is the part of the job that I really do like. This kid was on cloud nine, after he found out he will be approved to join. He was yapping it up all the way back. That is what makes me feel good. That to me is what is being missed at the top. These kids may be numbers to some. But to me they are actual people with actual feelings, with actual needs, wants, hopes, and dreams. The Army is going to fit into their plan. I made or my recruiter actually is going to make a difference in this applicants life. Hopefully he will remember this day for a long time. I usually do, believe it or not if someone was to go through my list of folks I put in I remember everyone, I mean everyone, I even remember some that were not mine. So when these kids come through my station, I actually take an interest in what they are trying to do. I talk to everyone that comes through. After all they are going to be soldiers very soon. They deserve it.

What they don't deserve is someone saying oh hey their day is this day or nothing, fuck them they require this or that. They wait on us. That to me is the biggest downfall. That tells me that person is no longer looked at as a person but they are just another number that no one cares about. Is that the message we want to send to these applicants? After all they are going to be in Army where someone is going to lead them, pay attention to their problems and so forth. They will not be just another nameless number to that Drill are they, what about the Platoon Sergeant, Section Sergeant, or Team Leader? No they will be someones living breathing Soldier. These kids are not just numbers. I guess it is something that I will never understand. Maybe I am not cut out for this.


P.S. Mystery follower note: I left my personal email address up for you to email me. If you don't email me by 2200 EST. Then we will try this again.

Thanks for your concern, but I really don't know what to think of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment