Tuesday, April 21, 2015

How things have changed but yet they stay the same

I absolutely love how technology has changed this job and actually made it a little harder than it used to be. We now live in a climate of how can I avoid an investigation. It seems to me that recruiters now days are more about covering their asses than actually trying to put people in the Army. It's been awhile since I've posted here. But figured why not go ahead and post a little more. Hey it just might piss off the right or wrong people. Who really gives a fuck anyway? Maybe you do, and maybe you don't. But to be honest you are entitled to your own opinion and I really don't give a shit what you think as long as this provokes some thought. Why is it that not that long ago with paper and fax machines we were able to put more people in than we do now. Why is it with all this tech that we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot? I don't understand. I guess USAREC got off the whole individual mission. That is the bad words to say now. Personally I find it funny. Gone are the days of individual awards and such. Things that most people were motivated to try and achieve. I know I was. But now it seems that we are so damn bogged down with all these gadgets to save time that we have lost sight of what the goal is. While I kinda liked the whole team recruiting thing it did have its flaws. It allowed sorry ass people to sit there and hide behind the whole " I'm not being led lie." Before you bite my head off and say some garbage about how as leaders we always look for someone to blame. You are all blaming the center leader, the company's leaders and so on. While the recruiter is marching along not doing anything or faking it till they leave this command. I know I grew up in a time that was a sink or swim mentality. Did it work? I would like to think so. Did I like it? Not the way it was being managed back then. But believe it or not I see that toxic type of leadership coming back. You can sit here and that's bullshit. Well not really. You now have an entire culture of recruiters and center commanders that have no clue what it's like to work late, to work on weekends, or just do what it takes to make mission. Now that the command is in danger of failing that mission what do you think they are going to do? Sit there hold hands and swap spit and tell feel good stories or try and figure out if it's a compliance or training issue. No they are going to buckle under the pressure and revert back to the only thing they know they can do. Which is threaten careers, Evals time off and shit like that. But please explain to me why back in the day with all the toxic leadership that we could put in 80k people per year and now with this touchy feel my balls usarec that we are in danger of failing this mission. Why is that. Most people will say lack of leadership. Some will say it's lack of training that the people in place don't know any better. Or wait maybe it's the market. Well did you see that? All that blame trying to be put off on something as to the reason we cannot make mission. Maybe with all this technology to save is time it's actually created a bigger workload for everyone. Look at all the bullshit ass online training that we have to do. Look at all the other bullshit that we have to do. Then when you figure in meetings conference calls piss tests and all the other fucked up ass administrative work that has nothing to do with this job it's a wonder we even have the time to wipe our ass. Sorry for the rambling tonight but more will follow. I e been seeing and witnessing things that are really pissing me off here lately. Sorry buddy but I'm back

No comments:

Post a Comment