Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time Management

Time management is something I would like to touch on. Why I don't know, but it's really a topic that just gets under my skin. Let me be the one to say it right here. There is no such thing as time management. Again, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME MANAGEMENT. Why do I say that? Well imagine this, time is something that is constantly in motion. You cannot control something that is constantly in motion. Just imagine a car going down the road at 55mph, there is no way to slow it down, speed it up, and it will never run out of fuel. And you are stuck in that car forever. Now you cannot manage that car. But here is what you can do. You manage what you do within that amount of time. And to be really frank about it some people really do suck at it. I know I do from time to time. But here is the thing, if you know you have certain things that need to be done everyday, then why do you act like it's a fucking surprise everytime the suspense comes around. Now the other day I was in another station doing some things and I noticed how this other station cdr was running his day. Comes in closes the door to his office, didn't even acknowledge me, or even his guys in the station. Stayed in his office on his personal cell phone. I never saw an AAR going on or any other kind of interaction. Now right at the end of the day. He starts to get all frantic, and starts to get everything done. His assistant pulled me to the side and wanted to know if I could talk to him. Apparantly this goes on everyday. Now let me take this a step further. If you look at how someone manages their day. I would be willing to bet this is how they manage their month, the quarter, and even the year. I have also noticed that this station will start to put people in toward the end of the month. Yeah if you don't see it, I see the trend. It took me a long time to get this. I tried to convey this to my peer but I think it fell on deaf ears. Sometimes pride is a hard thing to swallow. People if you know you have certain things that has to get done just go ahead and do them. AAR with your guys, pull all the damn reports you need and just get the shit done. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment