Thursday, January 20, 2011

GA's Closing? Yeah right!

I heard me a nasty rumor the other day, that "they" were going to restrict us putting in GA's. I want everyone to know that this is absolutely the funniest thing I have heard in like a long time. Really they are going to restrict GA's? One thing comes to my mind, that will be the day. What I don't get is this. The seabrook report still shows we need to GA's. (Oh yeah I almost forgot, GA=Grad Alpha which=a person who has graduated from high school that scores above a 50 on the Armed Services Vocation Aptitude Battery. It's a test that measures how well someone will do in certain areas or job fields.) Now back to the GA issue. Was told that seniors will be the only thing we can put in. Oh yeah, well let me tell you how this is going to work out. (I may be wrong) Recuiters are just going to fake the funk, Station Commanders are going to fake the funk, pretend like they are recruiting for seniors. And when the numbers go down, ie the Army or whatever needs more GA's, then the category will open back up. Here is the thing, while I understand that seniors are a priority. They always will be...But the market is not going to handle no more than what the DOD market share is for a given area. In other words if an area has only averaged lets say 20 seniors a year for DOD. Then guess what you are not going to get much more than that. I don't care if you dominate the market. You are going to lose some to other services. So while I would like to put all those seniors in from the DOD market. In all reality if my station just completely dominated the market the most we may get is 15 or 16 seniors for an entire year. There is a reason the Army needs grads each year and those are never going to go away. I just found it humorous. Hope you did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment