Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holy shit I cannot believe the amount of people out there whining about the 9-5 policy. I don't know what their deal is. The other day we were in a meeting and there were a few other 79's asking the commander just when are they supposed to do their end of day aar. The reply was just do it after 5. Well I for one have a problem with this. These guys it seems are just trying to get around the policy that has been put into place. What they need to do is manage what they do within the given amount of time they have. Then there is the we don't know how to get in touch with the seniors this 9-5 is killing us. Hey dumbass why don't you get your recruiters into the school. Or better yet why don't you dedicate a day or two and figure out how to contact them via facebook. We were told to think outside the box not to try and make the fucking box bigger. I swear some people are just plain idiots. Then I have heard some of these jokers wanting to get an exception to adjust the hours. Stupid crap like 11-7. The way I see it. This is the type of old ways thinking that is going to put us right back to the the 12-16 hour days. But most of those 12-16 hour days was filled up with nothing, you had recruiters and station commanders screwing off most of the day doing what they want. And only truly 6-8 hours of quality work got done anyway. With the 9-5 it's forcing some to be a damn leader and I don't think they can deal with it other than whine. There is more to getting in contact with someone other that "get on the phones" I don't know if anyone knows this or not. But we are living in a "mobile/social world now. That damn telephone is not the answer. The answer is to figure out a way to contact these kids by facebook. I know my Future Soldiers will hardly respond to phone call. But you shoot them a message on Facebook and they will get back to you almost everytime. They read that shit. To me that is the problem with most people is the unwillingness to change. Embrace it or it will embrace you. I was told that once. And looking back on it, it's very very true. In short I am tired of people trying to fuck with a 9-5 policy that was put into place to enhance the quality of life. But yet others out there are still trying their best to get around it. Don't get around it, embrace it, deal with it, and figure out how to lead your troops to success. If you cannot do from 9-5 then you sure as hell are not going to do it from 9-9, 11-7, or whatever other bs you can dream up.

No comments:

Post a Comment