Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I love the fact that I have heard the speach before, the contracts don't matter. Only the systems do. Well it is of my opinion that if the systems work then USAREC would be boxed every month since the begining of time. I am so tired of hearing about the MAP, it really irritates me when the one's above me are telling me that the MAP is what the recruiters earn. And then they go back behind me and raise the damn requirements. And to top it off we are making mission as a whole. Now why would you raise someones requirements when they have worked hard to get them to a believeable level? Why would someone do that. So what if it only takes 8 apts per week to get a contract. Hey that's the conversion that they worked for correct? I hate it when someone tells me "Well they have it made they don't have to make much to make mission, they need to make more." Excuse me? Are you serious? When that map is high or at a level that is astronomical there is no question asked, and I am told well that is their conversion data that is what they worked for. Well when the conversion data is low didn't they work for that too. But yet it is being raised to a higher level which in turn fucks up the conversion data. And then we are all held hostage to the MAP. This really is a no win situation. If you give them one they want two, give them two they want 3 and so on down the road. I love being told this place used to write x numbers. Really? To be honest with you I don't care what they did back then. This is now and the mission is low. I think there are those out here that would like to see the mission go back up. I don't think they like it. I think they are still bitter that they had to put in 3's and 4's just to keep up. Hey don't hate on the player hate the game. I love it everyone wants all these tools in perfect working order. I think it's impossible or damn near it. You can get yourself so bogged down in all this stuff that you can actually lose site of what the goal is. The goal is people in the Army, that's it, bottom line. I have seen people get so caught up in the numbers game out here that they don't put one single person in the Army. You look at a good recruiter's tools, almost everyone that is putting in a good number of people, I will be willing to bet that their tools are screwed up. I know the system is in place to help them out to put more in. Tell that to someone else that is not putting people in. I don't want to hear that shit.

2 comments:

  1. My husband has always said you can have the tools perfect OR you can put people in....you can't have both. So, we hear where you're coming from.

    As for your "don't hate the player, hate the game" comment, I agree with you BUT it is kinda aggravating to hear newer recruiters complain about a really low mission when my husband was recruiting with crazy high numbers not too long ago. It's just the way things go, though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is absolutely correct. I am glad that there is at least someone out there that honestly sees it the same way I do.

    ReplyDelete